Ultimate toning workout
by Callum B. Downes
If you’re anything like me, you probably find it difficult to fit in a decent cardio workout during the day. Due to our busy lifestyles, going for a jog or completing a full-blown boxing workout just doesn’t fit the equation. That’s originally why I started doing this workout, which only takes 10-15 minutes out of my daily routine.
This routine really revs up your heart rate, whilst simultaneously working your abdominals, deltoids, biceps, triceps, quadriceps, hamstrings and bum, making it the perfect whole body-toning workout. It will assist in both cardiovascular and muscular endurance conditioning.
Warm Up:It’s important to go for a quick two minute jog or perform a few sets of light skipping beforehand in order to prevent injuries.
Perform each exercise for 30 seconds before moving to the next exercise without rest. Once all 3 exercises have been executed, take a minute rest. That’s 1 set. Attempt to complete a total of 3 sets and increase to 4 sets during your next session. Remember to keep breathing!
- Begin in a squat position with hands on the floor in front of you.
- Kick your feet back to a pushup position*.
- Immediately return your feet to the squat position.
- Leap up as high as possible from the squat position.
Repeat, moving as fast as possible. You should maintain a fast pace for this exercise. Strive for maximum height with each jump. Most athletes will average between 12 and 15 repetitions per 30 seconds.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. You can place your hands behind your head. This will be your starting position.
- Begin the movement by flexing your knees and hips, sitting back with your hips.
- Continue down to full depth if you are able,and quickly reverse the motion until you return to the starting position. As you squat, keep your head and chest up and push your knees out.
- Begin in a pushup position, with your weight supported by your hands and toes. Flexing the knee and hip, bring one leg until the knee is approximately under the hip. This will be your starting position.
- Explosively reverse the positions of your legs, extending the bent leg until the leg is straight and supported by the toe, and bringing the other foot up with the hip and knee flexed. Repeat in an alternating fashion for 20-30 seconds.